Business agility for leaders and change agents
Whether you realise it or not, your organization is set up to resist effective delivery. Hierarchical reporting lines, annual budget cycles, and time-consuming hand-offs are just the start. Your agile rollout may have reduced project timescales from years to months, but why stop there?
Some teams deliver in days rather than months to delighted users and iterate in hours rather than weeks. These teams don’t just break all the rules, they make up new ones of their own. And they only exist in organizations that can support them.
On this course you will learn proven techniques for achieving business agility and organizational effectiveness and understand the principles behind them. Using a mixture of discussion, instruction and exploration you will start to think differently about organizational structure and team makeup, budgeting, risk-based planning, estimation, organizational change and more. You will learn how you and your organization can respond to changing business needs faster than they thought possible.
What you will learn
- What really slows your organization down
- Why business agility and alignment matter and how to measure them
- How to be scientific about process improvement
- How agile governance works and why you can’t just “scale Agile”
- How to design a successful organization
- Unpacking the Agile hype
- Lean Operations: flow, value and waste
- Theory of Constraints: staying focused on the goal
- Rethinking continuous improvement
- Systems Thinking and Complexity Theory
- Rethinking planning and estimation
- Principles of effective change